This is my first organic post in a while that is non-calligraphy related. Truthfully, I have gotten so far away from photography lately and it makes me sad. Having my fully-charged camera with me was so nice; I feel like I truly haven’t been “one” with my camera since losing the battery charger all the way back during this trip.Read More
to watch, use password 'snow'.
March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb! Although its entrance is rather peaceful and calming, it is nice to know that all this white will be green in a few short weeks ;)
This weekend was
1. The amazing, amazing people I get to surround myself with. I have the kindest and most fun friends and family.
2. Flowers. Flowers in every shape, size, color - all in bloom. Buttercups that line the road to sprouts of tulips...all of it triumphantly announcing spring's long-awaited arrival.
3. It was 75 and 80 degrees this weekend - perfect for walks with Scout, gardening outside, and iced tea. It felt like (and even smelled like) summer time.
4. Mother-daughter bonding time was perfect; kicked off the weekend with pedicures and ended it on Sunday night over a new episode of Cosmos!
5. Birthday cake! And a
And trick candles!
6. Dreaming up future plans for travel, bucket lists, and other little things to get excited about.
7. Being SO excited over the new watch S gave me - the lululemon scarf from my best friend (outfit post this week!), the trench coat of my dreams, and a
coffee diary from my sister! eeeek!
8. Everything moved sloooow. For once it didn't seem like the weekend flew by.
9. Fresh baked banana bread and tea after a few rounds of spring cleaning.
Productivity and fun don't normally coexist in one weekend for me but somehow this weekend did. I cleaned, got stuff done, and happened to actually do everything I wanted to - you know, that imaginary picture in your head of what you want your weekend to look like. This well-blended weekend happened to include probably the nicest weather of the year, which made it even harder to stay inside and glued to one task. The only thing I didn't do was stick to my lower-carb "diet"...oops.
More on that later. I know everyone says this but I cannot imagine being more lucky. I am beyond blessed, to have the family I do, to be surrounded by the coolest and nicest and most generous friends in the world. You know who you are. :) I loveeee them! And they are pretty much the reason why this weekend rocked. It's gonna be tough to top this one. :)
Okay, Monday, I'm ready for you...