Ten things that are getting me through dreary January...
which I never thought I'd love this much. I am finding myself substituting it instead of chapstick - and I love the color. This little pot of goodness is a go-to nowadays...I have it in a
, but would love to try out a darker, dramatic red!
2. My cross body bag from
(similar above). I have never realized how much I liked having my hands free with a cross body bag. I used to use a wristlet, and even that got annoying. This little guy goes with my black jeans, and is quite slim; it fits a pretty good amount of my stuff. See it
!! My goodness, where have I been? I missed the memo on Elf. So their cream eyeliner is a new favorite of mine; I use it more for nights out with friends rather than work, because you can really create a serious cat-eye. The price is right, and it's at Target...so to get ahold of.
4. A little treat to myself in 2014 is a subscription to
. I have been really excited to get my little box in the mail (I got one for mom too, and it's fun to open them together!). I am still figuring out how it works - I keep getting tea, which I
have enough of - one of the
I have found so far through Birchbox is the Beauty Protector line. Really good stuff for hair!
5. My first pair of
sneakers - and my first ever
shoes - are making me pretty happy. I know this is lame, but workout gear actually makes me want to work out...it's a sure fire way to motivate me.
6. Starbucks! Duh. I have some gift cards to put to work from Christmas and couldn't be more excited. I think it's actually kind of pathetic the effect of the "idea of having coffee" or "sneaking out after work for Starbucks" gives me...
7. Okay, I have a serious obsession with Downton Abbey. And thank the heavens above that season 4 is underway. I think I have memorized the scripts from every previous episode. I have this secret belief that I am Lady Mary to the core (or at least was) and can't wait to see how the season plays out. I already have my predictions and favorites and least-favorites. :)
8. Jergens Natural Glow foam has been a long time moisturizer I use, because I have a serious affinity for bronzeness - except that this time of year, the doldrums, I am the pastiest and palest and feel just so gross. Jergens is kindaaaa helping.
9. I've found that I am beating my black jeans from
into the ground from constant use. I have worn these jeans through high school and have just never found the willpower to switch to another brand. These just
And right now AE is
I might need to buy more, since I am wearing them every weekend, getting good use out of them.
10. My favorite bracelet is an
that my best friend gave to me last year for my birthday. I wore it every single day in Italy and I feel weird if I forget to wear it - it's simple, pretty, feminine, and I love the fact that people ask me where it's from. I get asked that a lot, actually! They're really cute gifts, and very stackable :) Just another thing that is making me happy.
what's getting you through these ridiculously cold days?