It's hard to believe that only a few weeks ago I was island hopping in a place I've always wanted to visit: Croatia. It interested me in the aspect of its' recent history and independence, but it's also become such a trendy spot - this summer, I had the amazing opportunity to go to a music festival in Split, called Ultra - is it weird that I had never heard of it before? :) It was the first ever Ultra Europe, so I think it's safe to say I have never felt trendier!
a few notes on Croatia:
- + the currency, kuna, reeeeally threw me for a loop. One of our dinners - for three - was only 23 kuna. That's about four dollars.
- That included a liter of white wine for the table, fresh calamari fritti for me, a friends' dish of risotto, and two side dishes. A lot!
- + would you like some of the world's freshest seafood? great! here's a whole fish. bones + all!
- + don't make the mistake of calling the island brač "brock." it's pronounce brach!
- yes, people laughed at me.
- + the harbor at split had some of the prettiest yachts I have ever seen...
- + the waterfalls at Krka National Park really do give Niagara Falls a run for its money.
- + and the Cetina River? the water is emerald green. it is stunning!
- see the video I made about Croatia as the Bus2alps summer vlogger. :)